Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday Night is Ladies Night!

Tonight was our weekly Ladies Card Night. Kristy brought a delicious taco salad for us to feast on as we play Phase 10, our game of choice. I can't remember who was the victor but as usual everyone got stuck on phase 7, which is the bane of our Sunday Nights. Later we played Hearts which is a very strategic game, took me a couple of rounds to get it, plus there's basic math involved with a point's system, I'm not the best at math, even basic math, I'm a designer I use a calculator. The last game that we played tonight was peanut. It's kinda like solitare, except you can play off of other people's cards and it goes really fast. Bootsie was the winner after we all nearly had heart attacks from the stress. This game also involves math, I'm glad that I wasn't in charge of that part. 

As far as the rest of my weekend, Friday night I had some friend's over, we made dinner and played cards and then watched one of the worst movies I have ever seen. I ruined it for my friend Katie (sorry), but it made me laugh the whole time, even though it wasn't supposed to be a comedy at all. The movie was called the Happening starring Mark Wahlberg. 

Saturday I spent the first part of it with my friend Danielle shopping and driving around Kansas City, it was a nice way to spend a lazy day. After that I went to Westport to meet up with a group of my friends, they were participating in a pub crawl for Cancer. I didn't stay long, being around that many inebriated people makes me feel kinda weird. Instead, I went home and watched a really great movie called Rebecca. I highly recommend it! It was made in 1940 and it stars Laurence Olivier and Joan Fontaine and George Saunders. I also did some much needed housework. 

Sunday I went to church in the morning, it was a good message, {two good little nuggets -- 1st. It is God who works in you. 2nd. Crisis reveals our deepest commitments.} After church I went to see the Duchess with my friend Stephen. It was very well done, very pretty, but very depressing. It was based on a true story. It shows how even in that time an affluent and wealthy woman can be imprisoned by society and a man's pride. I couldn't ever imagine accepting a marriage with someone who didn't love or care about me. It's amazing how much unhappiness and torment a woman will endure for her children. Anyway, after that we went shopping for some bedding. It was a really good time. Stephen is as decisive as I am. I love having a shopping buddy like that. That was my weekend. Hope everyone had a weekend that was as good or better than mine.

No comments: